There are a few rules I must follow. Here they are:
To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them
1. Denise Scaccia at CuteandColorfulCommonCore
2. Jan Bernard at Dragon'sDenCurriculum
3. Sarah OShea at Educasong
4.Michele at CoffeeCupsandLessonPlans
5. Pam Olivieri at CommonCoreTeacher
Questions from Christie:
1. When did you know you wanted to be an educator? I had almost completed earning my Bachelor's of Science degree in Marketing when I saw a special on 20/20 on Marva Collins. They were revisiting the students in her first class at the school she opened in Chicago. I was completely moved and knew that I wanted to make a difference in students' lives. I finished earning my Bachelor's degree in Marketing and earned my Master's of Arts in Early Childhood Education. It was one of the best decisions I've ever made!
2. What is your favorite classroom memory? There are many, but one that stands out was in my first year of teaching. I was teaching third grade in a Title One school. I had been going over and over the concept of division on the board in as many different ways that I could think of. We practiced over and over. Finally, several of my students got really excited and said, "Oh! Now I get it!!" and I knew they did. It was a great feeling I will never forget.
3. What is your dream vacation? I would love to go to Hawaii one day.
4. What was your funniest teacher moment? There are many but one specific moment doesn't come to mind right now. I will have to think about it.
5. What is your favorite summer activity? I enjoy summer, but it gets so hot and humid down here in Georgia. It gets so hot that going to the pool isn't even enjoyable. I like going to concerts and barbecues.
6. What is your favorite brand of handbags/purses? I love Coach purses. I also like Kate Spade and Michael Kors.
7. What is your favorite movie? I don't know that I have a favorite. I enjoy comedies. I recently saw The Internship and it was really funny. I am not a huge fan of animated movies (although I have probably seen them all). My favorite horror film is the Paranormal Activity movies.
8. What is your favorite children's book? I LOVE children's books. One of my favorite ones is See the Ocean by Estelle Condra. I love Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. My favorite picture book author is Chris Van Allsburg.
9. Which holiday, during the school year, do you look forward to the most? That would be Christmas. It's a nice long break and I get to spend it with my family.
10. What is your favorite on-the-go snack? Ice cream is my biggest weakness, but I guess that's not really an "on-the-go" snack. I enjoy fruit and goldfish.
11. What is one piece of technology that you can't live without? That is a hard one. It would be between my iphone or my laptop. I rely on both of them a lot. :)
Random Facts About Me:
1. I have ADD (I was diagnosed as an adult).
2. I am very shy (except when I am around kids - and then I am incredibly silly and outgoing).
3. I saw Maroon 5 in March; they are one of my favorite bands.
4. I played softball for many years as a kid.
5. I am an animal lover. I have three dogs and a 20 year old cat.
6. I love brain teasers, word games, and logic puzzles.
7. I saw Rent on Broadway in New York with a few of the original cast members.
8. I used to work at the mall as a survey taker.
9. I love the show Supernatural.
10. I love playing music in my classroom.
11. My favorite subject in school was math. I hated to read. Now, my absolute favorite subject in the world to teach is reading.
Here are my 11 questions:
1. What is your favorite book?
2. Do you have a classroom theme? What is it?
3. If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
4. What is the biggest lesson you've learned as a teacher?
5. What is your favorite band or musician?
6. Who has been your biggest influence as an educator?
7. What was your favorite subject when you were a kid?
8. What is your favorite subject to teach and why?
9. What is the most challenging part about being an educator?
10. Where did you go on your last vacation?
11. Where is your favorite place to shop?